Thursday, January 8, 2009

09/09/09

Is the day that Zach and I will (finally, yes, i know) get married. And I am conflicted. I don't know if i want to have a nice wedding and the reception and all that, or if i should just do something small and take the money that would have been spent on a wedding for a down payment on a house, or new car.








I was thinking about it last night, and in some ways i would love to have the whole wedding shebang. The pretty dress, and flowers, and the reception and all that. I mean, I never went to prom or any dances at school or anything like that, so in a way, this would be my chance to get all pretty and have a day about me. But at the same time, with divorced parents, it is hard for everyone to get along. Someone wants to plan this or that, but the other person does, and then it just ends up being a mess and people end up not getting along. So being the overly sensitive person that I am, I don't want there to be any conflict, or fighting between anyone. So I'm stumped. I don't know what to do...?

Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Amanda Ivie Doerr said...

i think you deserve a beautiful wedding!! its every girls day to get dressed up and pretty. its a day that you will never forget so make it memorable! family will just have to work together for this short time. its your day- not theirs. they need to respect that and your feelings. i'm so excited for you guys! if you need any help let me know :) loves!